Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Blogging for October Road and making your voice heard, not always easy to do everyday!

OK, so coming up with something new for 6 days a week is not always easy, I get it. Yeah and we don't always get to see that cool graph on HN spike every time we blog about October Road. Sure we can't keep thinking of new way's to say the same thing over and over again. But I seem to do my best everyday because it is a challenge and an outlet for me. When I get to write about what I did that day and how that pertains to October Road and the fight to bring it back, I get to put it out there into the universe. There are so many of us doing that everyday. I know we don't all have the time to blog everyday, I understand that. I'm just ranting about what I think blogging can do to help our fight for October Road. For example you can send people links to your favorite blog's about October Road. For example anyone can post a comment on my blog's and my sister Amy's blog. We of course reserve the right to not publish offensive or mean spirited comments, but I don't see that becoming a problem. If all the Roadies that go to the boards send out emails to everyone in your address book with links to blogs, polls, and inviting people to join HN that would be some big time word of mouth, in my opinion. I just feel like this blogging thing is like a domino effect, chain reaction, or snowball effect. How ever you want to say it. I am new to blogging I have only been doing it for 2 months now. I love it cuz I can say what ever I want and get it out there into the universe. I don't always say the right thing or think of the most original topics, but I can't let that stop me. Unless all my Roadie community came to me and said, "Please, we are begging you, stop blogging, you are boring us to distraction!" Then I probably would consider not doing it anymore. I know I tend to go on and on, and don't know how to get to the point quickly, but I sure do the best I can. I know that the point of this post is explaining why I think blogging is important for October Road and it's future. I know I have posted a plea over at the message boards, but lets be frank here, some times finding post's at the Ocotber Road message boards is like finding a needle in a hay stack! If you don't do your own thread it doesn't always see all the eyes it needs to. I also get the feeling people just don't pay attention when you say "Blogg for OR and help the HN score!" Now there is a big exception to what I just said, when it comes to my very close personal friends that are Roadies. You all know who you are and you are always stepping up and helping with the blogging. Today I asked people to please leave comments on the October Road bloggers sites and some people seem to be doing it. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR STEPPING UP! YOU ALL ROCK! This is what I would really like to see for us Roadies as to posting and advertising our fight to bring October Road back to TV. I would love to see this everyday: 50 people postiing at least 50 opinions everyday at Hey Nielsen. I would love to have 50 people blogging everyday about October Road and anything else they want to say. I would love to have 50 Roadies clicking on all 50 links of thoughs blogs. I would love to have 50 Roadies and people clicking links on October Road blog's and posting comment's where they could. Then I would love to see that every day for 7 day's straight. After 7 day's I would like to see what our Blogpulse and HN score is for thoughs 7 day's. If after that we don't see some kind of major spike, then I will conceed I have no idea how blogpluse or HN work. I will stop harping on this subject and just keep blogging for October Road like I have been. So if any of you could see a way to pull this challenge off, let me know. I always love to hear from everyone, good or bad! END OF RANT!

No comments:

Search This Blog

Followers