Monday, June 9, 2008

LETTERS GOING OUT! EMAILS BEING SENT! People smarter then me talk about October Road and the networks!

HELLO EVERYONE! I took the day off yesterday from blogging but I am back at it again today. I know all of you know already that I got my letters sent out on Saturday afternoon, whoo, that was a close one. Now all I have to do for today's efforts in the Letter Campaign is put together an email that can be read in less then 2 minutes. I am so long winded, I don't know how I'm ever going to accomplish this. Then there is the call in campaign for tomorrow. I have a fear of leaving messages. When ever there is a time limit on leaving a message I freeze up. I know it's silly but it's true! We are going to be calling ABC tomorrow and they only allow a thirty second recording. Such pressure! EEEKKK! My sis Amy is so funny, she said I should write out a script and read it in a British accent! I think I just might do that! OK, so just in case you don't have the information here it is for you to email tonight and call tomorrow. Phone number 1-818-460-7477 This is an automated system, Press 2, then press 3, ext 399, leave a 30 second message asking for ABC to bring October Road back to television in some way! Emails need to go out tonight and be short enough to be read in 2 minutes. Send them to the following addresses: stephen.mcpherson@abc.com anne.x.sweeney@abc.com anne.sweeney@disney.com Also if any of you can please go to this link and vote for October Road, it takes 2 seconds at the most. The ML fan's have found this poll and have over taken us. I think they have some kind of evil computer voting for them! Send the link out to your email address book and see if you can get more votes that way too. My fellow Roadie and good friend Stephanie did that yesterday. Great idea Steph! K hear it is: http://tvdramas.about.com/b/2008/06/04/what-was-the-most-heart-wrenching-cancellation-of-the-season.htm To end this post today I would like to leave a quote from a very good friend of mine. She and I met over a Youtube video and started writing each other. She is my pen pal in Maryland. She is also one of the smartest people I know. She is a wonderful writer and really knows her stuff when it comes to story telling and all things good and wonderful in this world. She is probably blushing that I am evening saying these things, and she would be saying, "Meggan-Peggan, I am not that smart!" But she really is, plus when she rants it is something to see. I mean I can get my rant on, but she can too! OK, so she has never watched a stick of October Road or Men in Trees, but she does read my blogs and said this in an email yesterday to me: (edited by meggan today) "Am more and more "getting" that these networks, the way they take shows off with such abruptness, don't seem to care that they sucked millions of viewers in (into watching their g.d. network at any cost), getting viewers they should appreciate hooked, then leave them dangling like a bunch of cold turkey addicts. I have a true appreciation for a good story,...In my life I have never experienced these ridiculous "amputated stories" that I'm learning the network producers leave viewers with. It really proves that on a certain level, they don't care about the viewers they got hooked on their "come hither" shows." You say it Spaghetti!! Don't forget to call and send your emails! Thanks everyone for all your help, they have to hear us little people some day! END OF RANT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Meggan! Thanks for being our top October Road blogger! You do a great job keeping all the October Road bloggers together! Keep Smiling! Miaroad

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Lots of great information about the Road. Keep up the great work!

Dreamer

Anonymous said...

Meggan, as always great blog! Thank you for getting all the information out there for people to see. I am so happy to be in this with great people like you.
LONG LIVE OCTOBER ROAD!!
Stephanie

Search This Blog

Followers