Monday, June 23, 2008

October Road fan's start another round of letter writing to ABC/Disney!!

October Road fan's start sending there letters to ABC/Disney again this week. That's right, staying a thorn in TPTB side is the mission of all The Roadies! So today is the day the East Coasters need to mail out their letters. Tomorrow, Tuesday, Roadies that live in Middle America need to mail their letters. Then on Wednesday all the West Coasters mail in their letters to ABC/Disney. For more information on this letter writing campaign please go to the Yahoo Group page. All the addresses & phone numbers are listed there. http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/PAY_OCTOBER_ROAD_FORWARD/ We also need everyone and their family to go and vote at the http://www.about.com/ poll. This poll could be used to help us prove to ABC/Disney that there is still a buzz out there about October Road, even after months of it being off the air waves. So ask everyone in your email address book to go and vote for October Road. I'm sure if you ask nicely your friends and family would love to help you out. Here's the link for it. If you click on it here you will be helping the "CLICKING THRU" campaign as well. http://tvdramas.about.com/b/2008/06/04/what-was-the-most-heart-wrenching-cancellation-of-the-season.htm Last, you know I love a good rant! I mean I love it when people get all fired up and stand up for what they believe in. I myself kind of do that only now and again! OOHHH, shock, did I say that out loud? Y'all know better then that, don't you! Anywhoo, I have read a couple of really good rants over at www.heynielsen.com the past couple days. One of them I thought of posting on one of my blogs, but then I ran out of time that day to even blog, so boo hoo on me, right. OK, to my point, I found that same person had posted a rant over at the ABC October Road message boards. I was so happy, so I thought I would post some of the rant our own HAZELEYES108 had posted on June 21st. I'm not posting everything she wrote, but if you want to read it all click on this link.
http://abc.go.com/primetime/octoberroad/index?pn=mb&cat=41338&tid=386074 Here's a quote: "I don't know about all of you, but I really take offense to ABC canceling such a well written and LOVED series like October Road and replace it with I was on a Japanese Game show or any other reality series that requires no brain usage what so ever to watch. I mean seriously I'm appalled!!!! I truly love October Road. It was the first real drama series that has come out for my age group. I mean they actually graduated that same year I did. (Yes i know its only pretend...lol). They had real problems and I want to see how they solve those problems. There are too many unanswered questions. I'm so frustrated with all these TV stations. I really don't know where they get there information. Why would they think that putting reality shows would be better, than October Road or a couple of the other series that were canceled. Then I didn't find out that they were canceled until I read it on here. Why are they not putting it out there to see what the people want. Instead of doing behind every ones backs? OK I guess that's enough ranting for one day." Wasn't that great! I love it! I couldn't of ranted better myself. OK so even though I didn't do the ranting, I will end it because I'm ranting along with my girl Hazeleyes108! END OF RANT!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, MK, but then they always are! Good topic, and I think that Hazeleyes108 hit the nail right on the head. Oh and I clicked on the about.com poll link you had up, hope it helps in blogpulse. Can't wait to see what you have up tomorrow. C-ya! ~Jeddiefan

Search This Blog

Followers