Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ranting at the ABC Advisory Board, Asking October Road Fan's what they would ask HN!

So I got an email today from the ABC Advisory Board. I joined that website back in May, right after the cancellation of October Road. I read that it would be a great place to voice are opinion's about ABC/Disney and their decisions. I have been some what happy with the site. I mean I have participated in everything they have asked me to do. Today I was there to vote about another ABC Studios show, but I took the chance to rant on the old thread they put back up for all us October Road fan's. I wanted to share that rant here with all of you. I know it is not the most well thought out rant, but I was in the heat of the moment, and the time was ticking for all the other things I should of been doing, at the time. Enjoy, I hope! "We fan's of October Road are not giving up! We are not going quietly into that great night! We are writing letters, sending emails, leaving phone messages for ABC/Disney! I know ABC Studios has nothing to do with the programming decision's for ABC Networks like, ABC, Lifetime Network, or ABC Family. I am not a dumby, really I know this. But being a member of this board allows me a place to voice my opinion. You can not tell me that ABC Studios does not have some kind of way of letting TPTB know how upset the viewers are! That is why so many of us are not giving up. You say there in no other avenue to explore to continue this show as a series. OK, well then, I don't believe you! Some one has to fight for quality TV! Some one has to stand up to you, ABC Studios and tell you we are tired of Reality TV junk programming like, Wife Swap, Wipe Out, & I survived a Japanese Game show! If the shows we love can't make the ratings standard at ABC network TV, then move them to the cable networks that ABC owns. Sure it is all about the money! You can't pay the cast as much as you have if the show moves to Lifetime or ABC Family, but you can, you really can! It is only a choice you have to make. It is all about choices! ABC/DISNEY Corporation can realize how disrespectful they are being to their own CONSUMERS! They can realize that a rating of 3.4 million is something to build on not quit! I for one will not be watching any new shows this season on ABC, CBS, or NBC. All three big networks have let me down. Does no one at these networks remember the writers strike?? Do they not realize that every show dropped in ratings even the most popular ones. People did not come back after the strike, they found other way's to entertain themselves. Come one someone has to be listening to this! You do realize ABC Advisory Board for my one post of a complaint there is a 100 more people standing behind me agreeing with me, and saying the same thing. Some one has to wake TPTB up, ABC studios & advisory board could be the ones to do just that!" Next rant I want to talk about is one that I would love to give my old friends at the Nielsen Media Corporation Group, Blogpulse, & Hey Nielsen all wrapped up into one! I know that's a lot of rant to pack into one email, so I am asking everyone what they think. See on June 18th I posted a blog entry at http://meggankofcali.livejournal.com/. I got a comment posted there on June 20th by Steve C, a Hey Nielsen staffer. Here is a small part of what he posted there: "Meggan, One of the reasons we created HeyNielsen was to interact with viewers more and get their perspective, so we're happy to help.(edit) I can try to answer any of your questions. You can learn more about how TV ratings work and the numbers by visiting the official Nielsen Media Research site at:http://www.nielsenmedia.com/ (click on Inside TV Ratings) And to clarify, the HeyNielsen score is really just a "fun" fan-based score and does not impact the traditional TV Ratings that Nielsen produces. The same goes for BlogPulse, it is not a part of the TV Ratings numbers. However, HeyNielsen pulls in data from BlogPulse each night and factors that blog chatter into the HeyNielsen score. This helps us (and our clients) identify "hot" topics, emerging trends, vocal fan bases, and more. Thanks for your feedback and the passion you and the OR fans brought to the site. I'll be sure to share your comments with others around the company.
Steve Ciabattoni / Content Manager / HeyNielsen" END QUOTE I thought it was so cool to get this posted on one of my blog entries. It proves that you never know who is out there looking at your stuff. I think it makes my case of blogging can really help to promote October Road as well as help our HN scores. But what I thought was so great was I have some one I can send an email to and ask all the questions I have always wanted answered about Nielsen's rating system, for example. Even the mystery of how HN comes up with their scores could be solved as well, even though Miaroad has a pretty good handle on that topic, IMO. I was just wondering about you guy's? If you could ask this Steve guy anything what would it be. I figure you leave me a comment here about your thoughts, and I put together a really well thought out email to send to him. Sound like a good idea? OK well think about it and post a comment letting me know what you think. By the way I'm hoping to post a really powerful LJ blog entry today as well. It will be all about the Lifetime Network. So follow the link here in this entry to see if I got it posted yet or not. Thanks for all your guy's support in the "CLICK THRU" campaign! OK, END OF MY RANT, FOR HERE AT LEAST!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meggan! WriterRae here. I'm not exactly sure how to do this, but I linked your blog to mine in today's post where I referenced OR Roadies (at the end).

The link for my post is: http://writerrae.typepad.com/my_weblog/2008/07/these-are-a-few-of-my-favorite-things.html

Search This Blog

Followers