Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Lifetime Network & October Road, why they make sense to me!

Well it has been a few day's since my last blog entry. I was giving people a chance to read my last entry about Lifetime Network. I got 3 comments all saying they thought is was a good idea to do a campaign of post cards & emails to that Network. I was hoping to hear from more people because I don't want to just start something if there are people out there not agreeing with the move.I have tried in a lot of different ways to get more Roadies to voice their opinions about the way they want the campaign to bring October Road back, to be going. I have to say I have heard from about 60 Roadies, and that number is rounded up. I know I'm new at this but I would really like to have a more team like feeling. I use the example of letting every single Roadie know they are welcome at the table of ideas, no matter what. We need everyone to say what it is they want so we can all move together. But if you are of the opinion that we should all just do our own thing and not try and work together as a team, that is OK. I really just would like to hear that you are still fighting no matter what. Even if that means you are doing your own thing, you are still apart of the team, IMO.
So I found this article about Army Wives. It had some really interest information in it. I am going to post a link to it here, but I wanted to high light what I thought was really great about it. The two things I thought were amazing were, one, the ratings that Army Wives is pulling in this Second Season. Two, they mention the name of the President of Lifetime Networks. I really think this article had some important information in it, so join the "CLICK THRU CAMPAIGN", click this link and read for yourself.
This is what I know about having a letter campaign to Lifetime Network. They only except 4x6 post cards. They were offered to pick up October Road and turned it down, along with MIT. My theory of why they did this was because the cast salaries were higher then they were prepared to pay. In order for them to crunch their numbers, they probably were thinking they would have to cut the cast pay or even some of the cast members. But that is just my theory.Remember, according to Nielsen, October Road pulled a 3.4 million viewership in the age groups 18-49, for it's Season 2 Finale. Look at the top rated Lifetime Drama ever in the history of that network, ARMY WIVES. Read the article and see what they pulled in for their episode aired June 15th.I have heard from some of you and you have said you think October Road & Army Wives would make a really perfect fit, and I have to agree. I love Army Wives with a passion. I think every single Amercian house hold should be watching this wonderful show. But I think October Road is just as important, for all the same reason's. Both these shows have nothing to equal them anywhere on Television to date. They are both amazing and deserve to have the American public's full attention. I saw a commercial last night on ABC Network for the Reality Game Show, "WIPE OUT". I guess it premiered last week and pulled in 20 million viewers. I don't know what the age break down is for though's 20 million Americans. I would hazard a guess that a lot of teenagers are watching this stupid show.That's why us adults have to have a network that will air the kinds of shows that mean something to us on a personal level. I think Lifetime Network is just that kind of Network. I also think TNT & Fox are that kind of Network as well. These other two, TNT & Fox, have shown over the past 5 years they are not afraid to go against what the typical main stream programming in America is. I like that, it gives us that are looking for more in our TV watching, choices! I think that is a good thing and something more and more of us are doing. Proof of this is Army Wives, their high ratings only prove the point that adults will go looking, other then the big three Networks, for shows that mean something. We will take it where ever we can find it! That's why October Road should be moved to a cable network. It can be as big a hit, if not bigger, then many of these other shows, IMO. Just have to keep fighting to make people believe this! Please, I am desperate to here what all of you think, leave me a comment and tell me anything. I'm going to post this same entry over at my LJ Blog! OK, End of my Rant!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meggers, great blog! Thanks for posting this. I read the article and I agree! October Road takes in higher ratings than Army Wives did. I don't see how October Road wouldn't fit great on Lifetime alongside Army Wives. Between both shows, the ratings would be HUGE! Okay, so I think we should find out Suzanne Daniels address and write to her along with writing the show. I dunno, it's just an idea. Anyway, I am totally in writing Lifetime and maybe even Ms. Daniels. Thanks again for the great blog, as always :) LONG LIVE OCTOBER ROAD!
Stephers

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Search This Blog

Followers