Sunday, July 13, 2008

Feeling mooshy & sappy today about October Road & life!

I was working on catching up on my posting over at the much used Hey Nielsen web site(http://www.heynielsen.com/) today. My personal opinion posted on the main October Road page contained lots of sappy, mooshy, touchy-feely words. I went on & on about how much I think October Road has helped to change my life in the past 4 months. I was limited on the number of words I could use, much to the relief of many of the posters over there, I think. To bad my friends & family couldn't put a device on my mouth that would limit the amount of words I used as well. I'm sure some of them would love to be able to press my mute or edit button if I came with one! So because I was feeling so sappy today I posted a great video I found on http://www.youtube.com/. I was searching one day for one of my favorite Mo Tab(Mormon Tabernacle Choir) songs, Battle Hymn of the Republic. I finally found a video for it. It is really cool, it is Christmas lights dancing to the hymn, so cool, imo! I loved it so much I thought I could use it to post an opinion on HN. So I did that today. Don't think it went over to well with most the Roadies.
I also read this wonderful opinion posted on the same site. The author is user name Roby65. I loved it so much I wanted to share it with all of you. Here's what they said:
"IMO, October Road is so easy to love because it gives you a feeling of being welcomed home: The lifelong friendships of the characters reminds us of what we have, had or may be missing. Childhood friends we still have, those we lost touch with or sadly those we may have lost along the way. Whatever our situation may be, October Road makes us feel home again. More than a show, October Road is an hour of escaping into a place that just makes you feel good. This is a show with so much to tell and audience who will always be there to take the journey with October Road. If a network still exists that cares about it's "non reality" viewers, this show and this audience is for you. Save October Road, it's highly talented cast, creative writers and the hearts of all of us who LOVE and will always follow this show. "
Really I was attempting to touch on this sort of subject in my opinion, but Roby65 did such a good job I asked if I could use it today. Thanks so much Roby65 for the OK! My only rant I would add is on the point of the networks. I really believe there is no networks out there that remembers the viewers that prefer to watch "non reality" shows. I mean I can watch the really well made reality shows like DWTS or Survivor, but really the rest just seem like Junk/Trash TV, to me. It is an easy coup out, when the networks say, "Well our ratings are so high with these types of shows!"
So what! There is more to life and TV then ratings! If there is any network out there I would choose that has not forgotten about it's other viewers, I would pick Fox. Fox seems to have a nice balance of stupid, junk, Reality TV and quality dramas. I am looking forward the most to their new Fall line up. I don't consider Fox one of the big networks, because for though's that still use "Rabbit ears" to get their TV. Some still can't get Fox on the "Rabbit Ears". But that will all change on Feb 2009, when it all switches over to digital.
The point is the big three networks, NBC, CBS, & ABC have forgotten about the rest of us people that have brains & taste!
OK, END OF RANT!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meggan,
It's ok to feel sappy sometimes.
I think that the way October Road is presented to us in the way of friendships and how kind everyone is makes us reminense of our friends, and the way Roby put it was really touching. I know that I have lost some friends along the way and it is sad but to see it portrayed on October Road makes you realize we all go through hard times. Yet we learn to deal with it.
October Road is such a feel good show, IMO it should of never been cancelled.

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with moosh or sap! I don't know of a Roadie that hasn't felt that way. I love Roby65's post. Good of you to post it here as well. Long live October Road!
Koop

Anonymous said...

Hi Meggan,
Funny how we both were feeling the same way while writing our OR opinion at HN. I think feeling sappy and mooshy helps get our heartfelt feelings into words. Thanks for posting my opinion and I want to thank everyone for their kind words about my OR post. October Road is the best and I'm keeping the faith it will be back!
Robyn

Search This Blog

Followers