Thursday, June 5, 2008

October Road ratings, numbers, graphs, and all the stuff I don't get!

I love the new blog post at www.about.com by Rachel. It was so good to get on this morning and find that link in my in box. She said some really great things about October Road and it's fan's. I love the statement about the Nielsen Ratings being less then correct. Here's the link to the article, leave a comment if you can. http://tvdramas.about.com/b/2008/06/04/what-was-the-most-heart-
I also wanted to mention again how great it is to see our numbers at Hey Nielsen be so much better. They might have dropped a bit yesterday, but the past five days we have been doing pretty good.
I was doing some digging at the website www.tvbynumbers.com because I wanted to see our numbers for October Road. What I found there was a bunch of numbers I didn't know what they meant. I didn't want to risk looking even more stupid, so I can tell you this. Our numbers were not high enough to make ABC bring October Road back instead of Wife Swap. I can tell you that some of our rankings were so close to Wife Swap I'd like to scream.
But the site is based only on Nielsen ratings. I don't think they are as accurate as they say they are. I really believe the numbers for our show were a bit higher. It looks like we pulled a 3.4 million viewership for the finally. I thought it was a 3.5 but one tenth off ain't that bad.
I think the key to getting people to watch October Road is advertising. I think we are the key to that advertising. Word of mouth, blogging, Internet posting, and all out shameless plugging is what this show needed.
I sure wish I would of known last Season my show was in trouble. A simple heads up by the network in a commercial would of been great. Why don't more networks do that, run a 30 second spot on all the shows they are thinking of canceling??? I mean let us know so we can take action soon enough to make a difference. If we had been working from day one on the Pay October Road Forward campaign, I think so many more people would of been reached.
Well that is all water under the bridge now! We are focusing on asking ABC/Disney to give us another chance, to bring these numbers up. They brought Wife Swap and October Road was right on their heals for ratings, that I don't get. My sister said maybe it's cuz the whole family can watch Wife Swap! She changed her answer quickly when I looked at her with disgust and confussion. She said, "Oh maybe not all the time!" LOL.
Tell me what you think about this subject of Nielsen ratings, numbers, and what they mean to our fight to bring October Road back to television.
Ok, end of Rant!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.

Search This Blog

Followers